Chocolate Banana Cashew Bites are the perfect treat when you’re craving chocolate in the healthy form of raw cacao powder, banana and raw cashew butter.
They have a nice hint of sweetness. The touch of sweetness from the maple syrup and mashed banana helps fulfill any sweet cravings you have. If you are someone who craves something sweet after a meal, make the smaller version of these and store them in your freezer. They’ll soften up quickly and, therefore, be ready to eat in a hurry. It will keep you from reverting to something unhealthy!
Prep Time – 30 minutes
• ⅔ cup raw cashew butter
• ¾ cup oats
• 1 large banana, mashed
• 2 Tbsp. chia seeds, ground
• ¼ cup coconut, shredded
• 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
• ¼ cup maple syrup
• ⅛ tsp. sea salt
• ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
• Shredded coconut
• Dragon fruit powder
• Raw cacao powder
• Crushed/ground nuts such as pistachios
1. If you have whole chia seeds, grind them first (a coffee grinder works well).
2. Mash banana in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3. Taking about 2 Tbsp. of the mixture for smaller balls or a 1/4 cup of the mixture for large, roll into balls and place on a cookie tray.
4. Once all the balls are formed, you can roll them in optional toppings such as shredded coconut and crushed nuts or seeds.
5. Place in the freezer on the cookie tray. Once frozen, they can be transferred to an airtight container and stored in the freezer until ready to eat.
Nutritional facts per serving
Calories 148; protein 4 g; fat 8 g; carbs 16 g.
You may also like: Recipes
Read This Story in Our 2023 Summer Outdoor & Travel Issue
Featuring Alison Jackson, Canadian cyclist and only North American male or female to win the famed Paris Roubaix. Travel the country’s most stunning hot spots by campervan. Become a better trail running by improving your ascents and descents—plus, train outdoors with Canada’s Top Fitness Trainers. Enjoy plant-based summer recipes and so much more.