IMPACT Magazine, Canada’s largest independent fitness and sports publication, celebrating 31 years of publishing, based out of Calgary and Vancouver has openings for the following:
Advertising Account Representative
- A strong advertising sales background is required, along with a true passion for health, fitness, and sport, and a strong desire in helping businesses achieve their goals.
- Position is contract, commission position, with a flexible work schedule and require prospecting and connecting with potential new clientele on both a local and national level.
- We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, and who is interested in working in a fun, inspirational and challenging environment, with other team members and clients who share the same outlook.
- If you are interested in helping others achieve both their business and personal goals, then we want to hear from you!
- Developing and managing a client base
- Client meetings and relationship development
- Helping clients meet their objectives with creative solutions
- Developing proposals and presentations for both new and existing advertisers
- Developing and maintaining relationships with advertising agencies
- Establishing and meeting issue-to-issue goals with account representative team
- Availability for media events from time to time
Requirements & Assets
- A minimum of 3 years experience in advertising sales and marketing
- Proven sales and communication skills
- Excellent verbal, written and in-person skills
- Ability to handle deadlines and goals, with excellent follow-up skills
- Creative, self-motivated and charismatic, and works well both independently, and with a team
- A genuine interest in health, fitness and sport
This posting will be open until June 15, 2022.
Please send your resume and letter outlining why you would be interested in joining our team to Publisher, Elaine Kupser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EDITORIAL ASSISTANT/ASSISTANT EDITOR – Internship Position
IMPACT Magazine, Canada’s largest independent fitness, health and sports publication, celebrating 30 years of publishing has an opening for the following:
Editorial Assistant Intern
IMPACT Magazine is looking for an Assistant Editor Intern for a 6-month term. This is a full time position that will offer the right individual the opportunity to work with this 30-year, award-winning magazine while having the ability to share innovative new ideas, editorial expertise while receiving the ability to learn with some of the best experts in their field.
Our ideal candidate will work closely with the Publisher and Editor-in-Chief, Guest Editors, Art Director, and Business Development and social team in content gathering for print, digital and social media platforms.
We are looking for a creative individual who isn’t afraid to present new ideas for a variety of facets of editorial content to maintain and strategically grow the brand.
IMPACT Magazine offers this opportunity as a ‘work from home’ position.
Applicants must be a recent graduate of a post-secondary program at an accredited institution within the past five years. Note that this position is funded by AMPA (Alberta Magazine Publisher’s Association).
Duties will include helping coordinate and generate print, digital and social media content, maintaining story and photography progress, helping update contributor and client data base, marketing projects, social media projects, support in organizing events, various administrative tasks, team meetings, and other duties as assigned.
Graduates from a post-secondary education in the areas of journalism, publishing, digital marketing, and related fields would be suitable, however, we are open to other areas of education and to those who have recently completed any educational upgrades.
Skills required are excelling writing and editing skills, proofreading skills, organization, great communication skills, politeness, and a strong work ethic. Must understand Microsoft Office, WordPress, Google docs, with a familiarity of all social media platforms. Attention to quality of work, detail and deadlines is crucial.
A genuine passion for fitness, health, sport and healthy living is an important asset, as is the ability to work well with a team and maintain a positive attitude – and above enjoy the process!
We welcome applicants to submit a cover letter, resume, and two published articles.
This posting will be open until April 22, 2022.
Elaine Kupser, Publisher & Editor-in-Chief email@example.com