These incredible-tasting nut butter breakfast cookies are gluten-free, oil-free, vegan, low in sugar and wonderfully nutritious. Slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, who says you can’t have cookies for breakfast?
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cook Time – 18 minutes
Makes – 12 cookies
- 1 ½ cups slow cooking rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 large bananas)
- 2 Tbsp. flax meal
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped raw cashews
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Measure out about ¼ cup for each cookie and place on a large baking tray. Press down slightly. These cookies won’t rise or spread out in the pan.
- Bake for about 18 minutes. Place cookies on a cooling rack.
Nutrition facts per serving
Calories 268; protein 8 g; fat 16 g; carbs 27 g.
Photography by Scott Fortner and Sandra Spencer
You may also like: Recipes
Read This Story in Our 2023 Running Issue
Featuring Rory Linkletter, Canadian long-distance runner. Add to your bucket list with the top Destination Marathons Around the World. Train for 10 km right up to a marathon – plus a 70.3 program. Increase your strength and work your core with Canada’s Top Fitness Trainers. Enjoy plant-based, post-run breakfasts and so much more.