Enjoy this delicious vegan freezer fudge with a rich roasted almond and chocolate flavour. All you need is 15 minutes of preparation and a few basic ingredients. You can also easily substitute some of the ingredients to create a fudge that meets your preferences.
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Freeze Time – 1 hour
1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted (dark or semi-sweet)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. fine grain sea salt
Pinch of flaky sea salt, for topping (optional)
Shredded coconut, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, making sure there’s enough hanging on each side to pull out the fudge later.
- Chop the almonds and spread them on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes or until lightly golden and fragrant. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the almond butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan. Spread it evenly. Top with the roasted almonds and sprinkle with a small amount of flaky sea salt and shredded coconut if desired.
- Place the fudge, uncovered, in the freezer for 1 hour or until solid. Cut the fudge into the shape and size that you prefer, making about 12 pieces. Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer.
Avoid using the hard almond butter at the bottom of the jar. It should be drippy and creamy.
Use refined coconut oil if you don’t want your fudge to have a light coconut flavour.
You can top the fudge with other nuts if preferred. Chopped hazelnuts, pecans or cashews would work well too. You can also skip the nuts for a soft chocolate fudge.
I haven’t tried this recipe with other kinds of nut butter, but you can try using smooth peanut butter or cashew butter. Keep in mind that I can only guarantee the best results with almond butter.
Nutrition facts per serving
Calories 216; protein 4 g; fat 17 g; carbs 18 g.
You may also like Recipes