This recipe is a fun twist on the traditional pumpkin pie but made vegan so no butter or flaky crust but trust me, you won’t miss it! It’s also refined sugar free, gluten-free, soy free and dairy free!
1 cup oatmeal (steel cut or rolled)
1 cup almond flour
3 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
5 dates (pits removed)
1/3 cup unsweetened almond butter
1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder
1 cup coconut cream (thick part only)
1 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey – if not vegan) (adjust based on desired level of sweetness)
3/4 tsp. cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp. nutmeg powder
1/4 tsp. ginger powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 8×10 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix crust ingredients in a food processor until a dough is formed. Evenly press into lined baking dish.
- Mix filing ingredients in a blender (or food processor) until smooth. Pour onto crust.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until set (may be slightly wet in the centre). Allow to cool and then transfer to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. (This is needed to set the bars!)
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy! Keep extras refrigerated and consume within 2 weeks.
If you have pumpkin pie spice, substitute equal amount of that for the cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger powder.
Nutrition facts per serving Calories 208; protein 4 g; fat 10 g; carbs 27 g
You May Also Like
Our Top 10 Pumpkin Recipes