Who doesn’t love a good salsa? Combining olives, tomatoes, jalapeños, avocados and chickpeas makes for a fresh and nutrient-dense salsa. This recipe is super easy to make and I promise, it’ll become your new favourite salsa!
Serves 6 – 8
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, strained and drained
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup black botija pitted olives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. – 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh jalapeño
- Juice of one lemon or one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients into a bowl and let the flavours marry for up to one hour before enjoying with toast, chips, wraps, sandwiches and salads!
Lasts up to 3-4 days in the fridge in a tightly sealed container.
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories 107; protein 1 g; fat 9 g; carbs 6 g.