- 1¼ Cup mixed nuts (any mix except with peanuts)
- ½ Cup mixed seeds (suggested: pumpkin and sunflower)
- 2 Cups beets, peeled and roughly cut into chunks
- 0-75 ml. lemon juice
- 30 ml. olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz. chèvre
- 4 sprigs dill
- 1 long english cucumber, sliced
- Blend nuts in a food processor.
- Mix until chopped finely (as smooth as possible).
- Texture should be almost buttery.
- Set nut mixture aside.
- Place raw beet, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic into food processor and process until very, very fine.
- Add more lemon juice if you want it smoother.
- Combine the beet mixture and nut mixture together with clean hands or a spatula and season to taste.
- Serve with chèvre and garnish with dill; serve with cucumbers.
Calgary’s Top 5 Healthy Restaurants