This drink comes to IMPACT from Ancora Waterfront Dining and Patio bartender Miriam Willmer in Vancouver. “The bitters used contain Cinchona, a Peruvian bark traditionally used to treat a number of ailments such as digestive issues and malaria,” she says, while rosemary is believed to act as a stimulant, improve memory and boost production of red blood cells. Cantaloupe contains vitamins B and C, and helps with hydration.
- 1 ½ oz. Legends Distilling Black Moon gin
- ½ oz. Cinzano extra dry vermouth
- 1 oz. cantaloupe purée
- 1 dash Ms. Better’s Tonic bitters
- 3 oz. club soda or sparkling water
- Cantaloupe balls and rosemary sprig to garnish
Add to Collins glass over ice. Top up with club soda or sparkling water. Garnish. Serves one.