- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4-5 cups vegetable stock
- Chopped fresh cilantro to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large roasting pan, toss the squash, onions, garlic and apples with the oil to coat. Season well with salt and pepper. Roast, stirring every 10 minutes, until the vegetables are fork-tender and lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Add half the vegetables with 2 cups of stock in a food processor and purée until smooth. Repeat with the remaining vegetables and stock. Return puréed mixture to the pot. If the soup is too thick, add more stock. Heat to a simmer and serve warm with fresh cilantro on top.
Nutritional information per serving: calories 168; protein 3g; fat 7g; carbohydrate 40g; fibre 11g