Sweet and savory combine perfectly in this salad and the salty cheese adds another layer of interesting flavour.
Makes 2 large salads and 2 cups dressing
For the Salad
- 3⁄4 pound red lettuce, torn into large pieces
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup sliced green or black olives
- 1 cup sunflower seed sprouts
- ½ cup Salty Cheese, chopped into bits
For the Sweet French Dressing
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 6 dates, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
Assemble all the salad ingredients on two salad plates. To make the dressing: Puree all the dressing ingredients in a blender until very smooth. Pour on the salad.
Leftover dressing can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a few days.