This cake is a bit less dense than some other raw cake recipes because it is not made up of 100 percent oats and/or nuts. As one might expect, it’s mostly carrots. These crunchy orange characters are not only delicious, they have an abundance of health benefits! Carrots are most nutritious and easy to digest when they are eaten in their natural form: whole and raw. Apart from being delicious, this cake will give you great skin, improved vision, a clean mouth, and keep you young – in spirit and body! Thanks, carrots!
- 2 cups cashews, preferably soaked for a couple hours
- 1-2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. liquid coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- Water, as needed
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 ½ cups oat flour or buckwheat flour
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dried pineapple (or more dates)
- ½ cup dried coconut
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients in your high-speed blender until smooth, adding as little water as possible. Taste it – yum!
- Put in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the carrots into small chunks. Then throw all the ingredients (including the carrots) in your food processor and pulse until everything is in small pieces and sticks together.
- Press half the cake mix into the bottom of an adjustable spring-form pan, mine was about 6 inches.
- Spread on about 1/3 of the frosting.
- Put it in the freezer until the layer of frosting is hard.
- Press on the rest of the cake mix.
- Either frost the cake right away or let it set in the fridge overnight, then frost the whole thing.
- Take it out of the pan and use the remaining frosting, decorate with whatever garnishes you like. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts per serving
Calories 387; protein 8 g; fat 19 g; carbs 51 g.
IMPACT Magazine’s 2021 Inspiration Issue
Read about our 2021 Canada’s Top Fitness Instructors – our top 30 from across Canada! Go beyond traditional thinking to optimize movement through stretching, find out about 7 DIY hacks to improve the air quality in your home, learn about taking care of your heart through proper nutrition, enjoy some of our best plant-based recipes yet, and work out with our Canada’s Top Fitness Trainers!