- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for kneading
- 1 handful Sultana raisins
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 packet (about 100ml) Alpro almond drink
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a zip-lock freezer bag, mix flour, raisins, sugar, salt and baking soda. Pack the remaining ingredients separately.
On The Trail
- In a mug, mix almond drink, apple vinegar and olive oil. Pour into the bag with dry ingredients. Using extra flour, gently knead the dough until smooth and shape into a ball.
- Transfer dough to a pan lined with parchment paper. Cut a shallow cross on the loaf’s surface; dust with flour.
- Assemble camping oven and bake for about 40 minutes. Turn the heat off and let sit in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Nutritional facts per serving
Calories 323; protein 7.9; fat 5.5g; carbs 60.2g.
Click to view the Backpack Gourmet article.
Support Local Media
Since 1991, IMPACT Magazine has produced freely distributed award-winning editorial content, including departments on fitness, health, nutrition, food, training, sports medicine, travel and features on the top athletes across the country.
Why Your Support Matters
IMPACT Magazine has kept its publication free and available to readers for 30 years. We believe that everyone deserves access to quality, credible health and fitness content to live their healthiest and best lives. We pride ourselves on delivering the best editorial from the best experts in their fields along with supporting both local and national brands that align with our core values.
We are independently owned and operated and support local fitness and health professionals, writers, photographers, designers and artists.
Please consider supporting IMPACT Magazine by making a donation of any amount via PayPal below. Your donations will help us continue to make an IMPACT into the future!
Impact Magazine Donations