Makes 6–8 servings.
- 10 oz. halibut, skin removed, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 clementine, peeled, segmented (membranes removed), and cubed
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
In a bowl, combine the halibut, onion, jalapeño, and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Using a fine-mesh sieve, drain the excess lime juice and transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, stir well, season with salt and pepper and refrigerate 30 minutes before serving with corn chips.
Nutritional facts per serving (minus tortilla chips): Calories 102; Fats 4.2g; Carbs 10g; Protein 8.5g.
Recipe taken from Three Times a Day by Marilou and Alexandre Champagne. Reproduced with permission from House of Anansi Press.