This peanut butter chia pudding recipe takes only seven ingredients and about 30 minutes to come together. It’s creamy, delicious and dairy free!
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Setting Time – 30 minutes
- ¾ cup dairy-free milk of choice, the creamier the milk, the richer the flavour will be
- ¼ cup plain dairy-free yogurt (see note)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. PB2 powdered peanut butter (see note)
- 1-2 Tbsp. sweetener of choice, I used maple syrup (optional for added sweetness)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Sliced bananas
- Homemade caramel
- Chopped nuts
- Peanut butter, or powdered peanut butter mixed with a little dairy-free milk in a 2:1 ratio
- Add all ingredients into a bowl.
- Whisk well to combine. Do this quickly so it doesn’t clump. You can also whisk everything but the chia seeds, then slowly add the chia seeds in while whisking to prevent them from clumping.
- Allow pudding to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes; you can also make this the night before.
- Top with what you prefer and enjoy!
You can omit the yogurt but it gives a creamier end result. You can also use a thick and creamy milk-like coconut milk from the can to get the same creamy flavour.
The powdered peanut butter helps give this recipe a delicious yet lower-fat and calorie option. If you do not have it, you can use 2 Tbsp. peanut butter.
Nutrition facts per serving
Calories 202; protein 9 g; fat 12 g; carbs 19 g.
Photography by Sophia Desantis
You may also like: Recipes
Read This Story in Our 2023 Running Issue
Featuring Rory Linkletter, Canadian long-distance runner. Add to your bucket list with the top Destination Marathons Around the World. Train for 10 km right up to a marathon – plus a 70.3 program. Increase your strength and work your core with Canada’s Top Fitness Trainers. Enjoy plant-based, post-run breakfasts and so much more.