Photo: Kathy Smart
No Bake Cherry Almond Energy Bars
Kathy Smart’s No Bake Cherry Almond Energy Bars.
The perfect combination of complex carbs, protein and healthy fat to keep you going all day while you take your fitness outdoors. These bars are gluten and dairy free with no white sugar.
- 2 cups quick cooking gluten free oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond butter
- ¼ cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- ½ cup mixture of pumpkin seeds, walnut pieces, sliced almonds and sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw unpasteurized honey
- ½ tsp. each cinnamon and sea salt
Combine oats, almond butter, dried fruits, nuts and seeds, vanilla extract, honey, cinnamon and sea salt in a bowl. Add more honey if needed. Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper and press oat mixture into pan. Put in freezer for 60 minutes. Cut into small squares or rectangles. Wrap and store in the fridge until needed.
Nutritional facts per bar: Calories 274; Fat 16g; Carbs 20g; Protein 10g; Sugars 15g.
Kathy Smart is North America’s gluten free expert, CEO of Live The Smart Way and co- founder of Live The Smart Way Expos across Canada. She is based in Ottawa.