Photo: Dr. Ginger Southall
Indian Spiced Cauliflower
Loaded with the phytonutrient glucosinolate from cauliflower and potent anti-inflammatory, anticancer properties of turmeric, this natural liver and kidney cleanser is packed with digesting enzymes for excellent cleansing support. Don’t forget the pepper; the piperine in it helps increase the absorption of turmeric.
Ingredients for juicing:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into chunks
- ¼ lemon
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, unpeeled
- 2 inches turmeric root, unpeeled, or 1 tsp. turmeric powder
Ingredients for after juicing:
- Black pepper to taste.
- Coriander to taste.
- Cumin to taste.
- Juice cauliflower, lemon and ginger root.
- Add turmeric root, or if using turmeric powder, add it to the finished juice.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle black pepper, coriander and cumin.
Dr. Ginger Southall is a chiropractor, wellness consultant and author of The Rainbow Juice Cleanse.
Recipes reprinted with permission from THE RAINBOW JUICE CLEANSE ©2015 by Dr. Ginger Southall, Running Press, a member of the Perseus Books Group.