Photo: Dr. Ginger Southall
Recipe - A Taste of Italy
Flush your body with a taste of Italy, and bathe your cells in heart-protective phytonutrients and vitamins A and C, as you savour the flavours and aromas of the Old Country. Load up on more cilantro if you like the taste; it’s a whole-body detoxifier.
Ingredients for juicing:
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- ½ handful parsley, cilantro and oregano
- ¼ small onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves (or to taste), peeled
Ingredients for after juicing:
- Dulse and kelp flakes, to taste
- Stevia, to taste (optional)
- Juice all the ingredients.
- Pour into a glass, add the dulse and kelp flakes and stevia (if desired), and “cin cin”!
Dr. Ginger Southall is a chiropractor, wellness consultant and author of The Rainbow Juice Cleanse.
Recipes reprinted with permission from THE RAINBOW JUICE CLEANSE ©2015 by Dr. Ginger Southall, Running Press, a member of the Perseus Books Group.