Makes 1 pizza or 8 slices.
- 1 portion store-bought or homemade pizza dough
- ¼ cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup thin asparagus, cut in half
- 4 figs, cut into quarters
- ¼ cup mild chèvre (goat cheese)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil for the ricotta spread
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 450F. In a bowl, combine all the ricotta spread ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. On a floured work surface, roll out the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a pizza stone or baking sheet. Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the surface of the dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Cover with Gruyere. Top with the prosciutto, asparagus, and figs and then crumble the chèvre over everything. Brush the crust with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
Nutritional facts per slice: Calories 400; Fats 19.6g; Carbs 40g; Protein 19g; Sodium 1,147mg.
Recipe taken from Three Times a Day by Marilou and Alexandre Champagne. Reproduced with permission from House of Anansi Press.