Instead of reaching for crackers or chips, try these Roasted Chickpeas for a quick energizing snack when you are on the go.
- 2 cups dry chickpeas, pre-soaked and boiled until al dente
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- Salt & pepper
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450F.
- Place chickpeas in a bowl and toss with oil, Worcestershire sauce, spices, salt and pepper.
- Spread chickpeas on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring once or twice, until browned and crunchy, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Information Per 1/2 Cup Serving: 165 calories; 22g carbohydrates; 5g fat; 7g protein; 6g fibre; 300mg sodium.