Creates 8 bars
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed
- 1 cup unsweetened whole-grain puffed cereal (see Note)
- ⅓ cup chopped dried apricots
- ⅓ cup chopped golden raisins
- ⅓ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8-inch-square pan with cooking spray.
- Spread oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds and flaxseeds on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until oats and nuts are lightly toasted. Transfer to a large bowl. Add cereal, apricots and raisins; toss to combine.
- Combine almond butter, honey, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the mixture bubbles lightly, about 3 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Immediately pour the almond butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until no dry spots remain. Transfer to the prepared pan. Using your hands, press the mixture down firmly to make an even layer.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Cut into 8 bars.
Nutritional information per serving: calories 264; protein 7g; fat 8g; carbohydrates 36g; fibre 4g.