Photo: Vegan Fusion
V is for Vegan
Cucumber Salad with Peanuts and Chile.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar or fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. mirin
- 1 Tbsp. red chili pepper, seeded and diced or ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. fresh minced cilantro
- 1 tsp. fresh mint
- ½ tsp. sea salt
Cut the cucumbers in half. Scoop out the seeds, then cut into ¼-inch slices. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Serve or store in an airtight container.
Nutrition facts per serving (142g): Calories 63; Fats 3.3g; Sodium 398mg; Carbs 7g; Protein 2.3g.
Vegan and raw food chef Mark Reinfeld is author of seven cookbooks and teaches at the Vegan Fusion Academy in Miami, Fla.