This is a favourite, go-to smoothie. It’s simple, delicious and full of the wonderful protective antioxidants found in berries.
Makes 4-6 cups
- ½ cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 3 Tbsp. date paste or 1 dropper liquid stevia (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder or vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups almond milk, flax milk or water
- 6 ice cubes
- Additional berries, for garnish (optional)
Blend all ingredients until very smooth. This looks pretty topped with a few whole berries.
Nutritional FYI: Brightly colored berries aren’t only sweet, succulent, and delicious, they also contain vitamin C and powerful antioxidants, such as lutein, anthocyanins, ellagic acid and quercetin. Great taste, great nutrition.