This recipe tastes so nostalgic but doesn’t contain any refined sugar or processed products! All that you need is a blender to make your own rich, silky, smooth nog with cashews, coconut milk, dates and a touch of vanilla extract. Serve it spiked if desired for a fun holiday cocktail!
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 6 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Soak cashews for at least 30 minutes, overnight if possible.
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve chilled over ice, or heat gently in a saucepan for a warm eggnog. It will thicken upon heating, and you may want to re-blend to remove any lumps. Garnish with cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Stored in a sealed container, eggnog will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information for 1 serving: Calories 230; protein 4 g; fat 15 g; carbs 33 g.
IMPACT Magazine’s December 2020 Edition
Read about our top Canadian Olympic snowboarder who returned from injury and is chasing that elusive Olympic Gold! Learn how not to lose your momentum running through the cold and snow, work out with Canada’s Top Fitness Trainers, avoid back pain with one of the world’s most renowned experts and try out our delicious Holiday-themed recipes.