This roasted cauliflower hummus is the perfect blend of sophisticated taste and guilt-free snackage. Substituting roasted cauliflower for the traditional chickpeas not only makes it a low-carb option, but also adds a depth of flavour that might just make this your new favourite hummus. The ginger and sambal chilli add a lasting zing that keeps you coming back for more. Healthy? Check. Delicious? Check. What are you waiting for?
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 1 Tbsp. + ½ tsp. True Lemon powder
- 2 Tbsp. Roasted Garlic purée
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger purée
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Sambal Oelek Chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1 Cup Olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Clean and remove leaves from cauliflower, cut into medium size pieces keeping stem. Lightly brush with olive oil and toss onto a non stick or parchment paper lined baking pan. Place into oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, then remove and let cool.
In food processor add cauliflower, blend until begins to form “rice” stage , then start adding adding all other ingredients until smooth, adjust seasoning as needed.
- I use one large whole cauliflower, with leaves removed equalling 4 cups.
- You can use lemon juice and zest instead of True Lemon powder, add to your taste.
- You can also adjust spice or garlic level to your desire as well.
Nutrition facts per serving (6): Calories 149; protein 5 g; fat 11 g; carbs 9 g.
IMPACT Magazine’s Best of Food & Nutrition
2020 Special Edition
This 200+ page edition features our best plant-based recipes, kitchen tips, and expert nutritional advice! Simply click here to have the Best of Food & Nutrition 2020 Special Edition sent immediately in your inbox for free and to subscribe to our e-newsletter.