I absolutely love avocado! Not only is it a heart-healthy food due to its healthy fat content; it also nourishes the skin.
Did you know that avocados are actually a fruit? They are fibre-rich, providing 10 grams of fibre in just one avocado.
I make this salad at least once a week. It’s gluten free, dairy free and high in fibre, protein and iron.
It’s perfect for vegan (if using agave) or vegetarian guests coming to dinner.
Mexican Avocado Black Bean Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 large bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 small square container of cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans (355 ml, drained)
- 1 can sweet corn
- 2 ripe avocados (peeled, pitted and diced)
Mix all of the above in a large bowl. If you need to up the volume a bit, you can easily add another can of black beans or corn.
- Zest of 1 lime (grate the peel of the lime on a cheese grater)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. of lime or lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar, if vegan
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
Mix the dressing ingredients together, add to the salad ingredients and gently stir. It’s optimal to allow it to sit in the fridge for an hour.