With the cold weather outside, warm yourself up with this delicious and delectable vegan peppermint hot chocolate, because there aren’t many better ways to spend a chilly day than with a mug of hot chocolate and a cozy blanket.
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (full fat makes it creamier)
- 4 1/2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- coconut whip (optional)
Heat non-dairy milk and coconut milk in a small pot until steaming, but not boiling. Whisk in cocoa powder. Add sweetener to taste, whisk. Add 1/8 tsp. of peppermint extract, whisk again, and taste. Add another 1/8 tsp. if it needs more. If using coconut whip, add to the top.
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories 59; protein 3g; fat 5g; carbs 7g.