- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for kneading
- 1 Tbsp. full cream milk powder
- Pinch of salt
- Ghee for brushing
- Mix the flour, milk powder and salt in a medium-sized zip lock bag. Pack the ghee separately.
On the trail
- In the bag with the flour mixture, gradually add 1/3 to 1/2 cup water. Close the bag and knead the smooth dough. Leave to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 parts. Shape each piece into a ball, then roll out, or knead into flat disks (as thin as possible).
- Place a pan over medium heat. Fry the chapati one at a time, for 1-2 minutes on both sides or until golden-brown. Take out of the pan and brush with ghee. Serve with curries, spicy couscous, and soups.
Nutrition facts per serving
Calories 183; protein 4g; fat 7.4g; carbs 25g.