Photo: Kathy Smart
Sweet and Spicy Strawberry Mango Salsa
I just love fresh strawberries! The combination of sweet, spicy and salty in the recipe will keep your guests double dipping! Strawberries are high in vitamin C, an important vitamin to boost your immune system and help your body handle stress.
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 large mango, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup of red onion, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes or 1/2 jalapeno pepper, diced (remove seeds for a milder taste or keep them if you want extra heat)
- Juice of 3 fresh limes
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. each of sea salt and black pepper
Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir. Salsa is best served the day it’s made and is excellent with gluten-free corn tortilla chips, cucumber slices or served on fish or chicken.
Kathy Smart is a gluten free nutrition expert from Ottawa, ON.