Recipe - Quinoa Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites
Quinoa Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites
Makes 24 bites
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cherries
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips or pieces
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- In a food processor, combine quinoa, cherries, walnuts, cocoa powder and chocolate and mix evenly.
- Add dates to processor and pulse until combined into a sticky dough.
- With clean, slightly wet hands, roll mixture into approximately 1-inch size balls.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate to store. They will become firmer as they cool.
- *Optional: After rolling, dip balls in melted dark chocolate when firm and/or coat with unsweetened shredded coconut or crushed almonds.
Recipe courtesy Ancient Harvest. Created by Wendy McMillan at Fit-and-Frugal.com.
Allyson A. Johnson is an elite multisport athlete and IMPACT’s nutrition editor.