Photo: Heidi Cannon
It's a Snap!
Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
Makes 20 brownies.
- 1 ½ cups black beans
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup protein
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. mint extract
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 packs Truvia sweetener
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- In food processor or blender, blend black beans into purée.
- Take remainder of ingredients and mix together with black beans.
- Pour onto non-stick cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
Nutritional info per brownie:
Calories: 63.2; Fats: 4.9g; Carbs: 4.23g; Protein: 3.96g
Add some holiday flare to your brownies with this delicious peppermint topping:
- 3 white chocolate squares
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- Melt chocolate and oil in sauce pan, top brownie with mixture.
Nutritional info for topping per brownie:
Calories: 12.4; Fats: 1.2g; Carbs: 0.6.
Heidi Cannon is a pro fitness model and Magnum athlete in Vancouver who creates guilt-free baking treats. Find more recipes on her app at Mrs. Cannons Baking.