Hearty Winter Stirfry
- 4 cups mixed root vegetables sliced to ¼” (parsnips, rutabaga, small yellow, red and blue heirloom potatoes)
- 1½ cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 thinly sliced golden beet
- 2 Tbsp. safflower oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 Tbsp. local goat feta cheese
- 1 medium raw red beet, peeled, grated
- sea salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- parsley for garnish
Rinse and rub the root vegetables clean under cool running water. Prepare and mix the vegetables except for the red beet. Heat skillet to medium heat with oil. Stirfry the veggies, except red beets until until tender, roughly 8-10 minutes. Be sure the veggies are browned and the onions begin to caramelize.
Add the garlic at the last minute. Serve hot with cheese, grated red beets and parsley on top. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy!
Nolan and Kari Fisher recently concluded a 5-year project in local vegetable production operating as Fisher Farms in Didsbury, Alta.