Photo: Alexandre Champagne
3 Times a Day
Halibut Ceviche with Coconut Milk & Clementines.
Makes 6–8 servings.
- 10 oz. halibut, skin removed, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 clementine, peeled, segmented (membranes removed), and cubed
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
In a bowl, combine the halibut, onion, jalapeño, and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Using a fine-mesh sieve, drain the excess lime juice and transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, stir well, season with salt and pepper and refrigerate 30 minutes before serving with corn chips.
Nutritional facts per serving (minus tortilla chips): Calories 102; Fats 4.2g; Carbs 10g; Protein 8.5g.
Recipe taken from Three Times a Day by Marilou and Alexandre Champagne. Reproduced with permission from House of Anansi Press.
Marilou is a French-Canadian pop singer. Three Times a Day emerged from her hugely popular blog (Trois fois par jour) which she created with her photographer husband Alexandre Champagne. It has sold more 200,000 copies in Quebec. She lives in Boucherville, Quebec.