Photo: Dave Wonghen
Fast Food Slows you Down
Green Monster Smoothie
- ¾ cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds (or ground flax seeds)
- 3 medjool dates
- 1 banana
- 2 handfuls baby spinach (or kale)
- 1.5 cups milk (or water)
- ½ cup ice
- Measure all ingredients into a high-powered blender.
- Use the smoothie function or blend for about 1 minute until well mixed.
- Add more water or ice to reach your desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts per glass: Calories 481; Fat 14g; Carbs 71g; Protein 24g; Fiber 11g.
Crystal Higgins is a registered dietitian and nutrition consultant in Vancouver, B.C. She is a BCRPA certified group fitness instructor and runs marathons.