Photo: Russ Sedin
Get It On the Grill
Ginger Soy Marinated Summer Vegetable Salad.
- ½ cup Bragg Liquid Aminos or gluten free tamari
- ¼ cup grape seed oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, minced
- Juice from 2 limes, freshly squeezed
- ½ cup freshly chopped mint and cilantro
- Hearty summer vegetables of choice, cut into large chucks of equal thickness: cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms, red onions, peppers
- Chop all vegetables and place in shallow baking dish.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over vegetables.
- Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill on medium to medium-low.
- Remove vegetables from marinade and reserve the marinade itself (unlike with meat, vegetable marinade can be reused after the food is done marinating).
- Pat the vegetables with a paper towel until relatively dry.
- Place vegetables on grill, turning frequently to avoid char. Cook for 2-4 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Once all vegetables are cooked, place on a platter and pour remaining marinade over vegetables. Garnish with freshly chopped mint and cilantro and finish with a squeeze of lime.
Barb Thomas, CHN, is a holistic nutritionist and culinary educator at love2eat in Calgary, Alta.