Calgary’s Top 5 Healthy Restaurants
FARM’s Goat Cheese Market Salad.
- 2 x 70g gluten-free goat cheese patties
- ½ cup steamed or roasted beets
- ¼ cup pickled red onions
- 2 tbsp. candied walnuts
- T.A.O. salad dressing
- 4 cups of greens: spinach, kale, mesclun or a mix
Gluten-Free Goat Cheese Patty Ingredients:
- 2 x 70g or ¼” thick slice of Paillot de Chèvre
- 1 cup dry gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ½ cup gluten-free flour
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In medium bowl, mix flour with salt and pepper.
- Dip slice of cheese in flour, then egg, followed by the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 5-10 minutes until the crumbs are golden brown and the cheese is oozing in spots.
- Cool and reserve.
T.A.O. Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. tarragon, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp. Brassica rocky Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. Chinook honey
- Parsley, fresh chives and salt to taste
Salad Preparation Directions:
- Whisk together vinegar, honey and mustard to create an emulsion, then slowly whisk in the olive oil, followed by the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Once the dressing is well mixed, toss the greens with enough dressing to moisten nicely and divide evenly on 2 to 4 plates.
- Place the beets and candied walnuts decoratively on the greens.
- Lay the goat cheese patties on top of the greens and garnish with pickled red onions for a pop of colour.
*Many of the ingredients mentioned can be purchased in FARM’s sister store: Janice Beaton Fine Cheese.