Photo: Julia Pelish, courtesy Farmer’s Apprentice.
Vancouver’s Top 5 Healthy Restaurants
Celeriac with Freshly-shucked Oysters, Oyster Emulsion & Horseradish from Farmer's Apprentice in Vancouver.
- 1 head celeriac
- 3 West Coast oysters, freshly shucked (or East Coast if not available)
- Freshly grated horseradish
- Oyster Emulsion (see below)
- 3 oysters
- 1 egg yolk
- Lemon juice and salt to taste
- 200 ml grapeseed oil
- Cut the celeriac into thin strips, sprinkle lightly with salt and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out all water.
- Dress with olive oil.
- For the oyster emulsion, in a blender, gently purée everything except the oil.
- Slowly incorporate the oil.
- Spoon the emulsion on a plate.
- Pile the celeriac on top.
- Dress with freshly grated horseradish and freshly-shucked oysters.
- Season with lemon and salt to taste.