Photo: Grace Chan
The Fab Four
Chia seeds are a near perfect superfood and make a decadent treat as Chia Pudding.
- 3 Tbsp. white or black chia seeds
- 3/4 Cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 sprinkle ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 Cup low-sugar colourful fruit, such as raspberries or blueberries and a few slivers of almonds
- In a cereal bowl, stir together chia seeds, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and honey.
- Let sit for 15 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- Chia seeds will expand, soften and absorb liquid.
- Layer chia tapioca in a tall glass with fruit.
- Calories 774; fat 17.3g; carbs 68.4g; protein 10g; fibre 22.4g
Allyson A. Johnson is an elite endurance athlete and IMPACT Magazine’s nutrition editor.