Photo: Sarah Kramer
Fall in Love With Vegan
Baby Spinach Salad With Strawberry Vinaigrette.
Makes 4 small servings and 1 cup vinaigrette.
This quick and easy salad is packed full of iron, vitamins A and C, and vitamin K — which is important for maintaining healthy bones.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup oil (e.g., flax, hemp, grapeseed)
- ⅓ cup rice or apple cider vinegar
- 4 - 6 strawberries, tops removed
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves, tightly packed
- 6–8 strawberries, tops removed and thinly sliced
In a blender, combine olive oil, flax oil, apple cider vinegar, strawberries, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy. Separate baby spinach into bowl(s). Garnish with sliced strawberries and toasted pine nuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette just before serving.
Nutrition facts per serving: Salad: Calories 70; Fat 5.8g; Carbs 3.9g; Protein 3.2g. Dressing: Calories 296; Fat 27.6g; Carbs 10.9g; Protein 0.3g.
Sarah Kramer is author of several vegan cookbooks and the inspiration behind GoVegan.net. She lives in Victoria, B.C.