1 Minute No Sugar Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam
Makes 3 cups
Here is a simple recipe for you to use to use up those berries without needing to use any white sugar.
- 2 cups strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh rhubarb, chopped or you can use the same amount of other berries
- 4 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (you may like it sweeter pending on your taste)
- 4 Tbsp. of chia seeds (you can find chia seeds in your local health food store)
- 3 Tbsp.of fresh lemon juice or lime juice (must be fresh)
Put all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree for 60 seconds. Spoon into a jar and store in fridge overnight. Ta-Da! This will last for up to two weeks in the fridge.
Kathy Smart is a gluten free nutrition expert from Ottawa, ON.