- 3 Tbsp. tahini (sesame paste)
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 3 Tbsp. boiling water
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked freekeh, quinoa or brown rice
- 1 cup cooked black or green lentils
- 1 Tbsp. dill (dried) or 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped dill
- 2 cups thinly sliced baby spinach or leafy green
- 1 cup thinly sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- Add avocado, mushrooms, tomato or radish for extra crunch.
- Toss in cooked chicken breast for added protein.
- Whisk the tahini, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and oil together until smooth.
- Add boiling water to thin out.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and reserve.
- Cook the freekeh (or quinoa/brown rice) and lentils according to package directions.
- Toss the hot freekeh and lentils with dill in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and divide among serving bowls.
- Divide spinach, carrots, peppers, pumpkin seeds and any other optional toppings evenly among all the bowls.
- Drizzle with tahini dressing and serve.
Nutrition Facts per bowl: Calories 340; Fat 17g; Saturated Fat 2g; Carbs 33g; Protein 15g; Sodium 220mg.